Tuesday 12 April 2011

Trailer Park Girl

Here are seven other trailers I fogot I thought were amazing. Enjoy!


    This is the original trailer for this movie. There is a newer one, which incidentally people would like and be more impacted by. But since I saw this one first and was so moved by it, the other one doesn't do it for me. Plus I feel like the two trailers both have such a different message and feel.


    This is the newer trailer for Eat Prey Love. Compare for yourself. Honestly, this movie was a disappointment. Not the biggest disappointment in the whole world, but a disappointment nontheless. Although, I really did not hate it or dislike it by any means, as many people did. I personally really appreciated the concept and message. I think the problem with this movie, is the same problem a lot of movies have, but taken to the next level. And that is, it was a book. We all know how hard it is to turn a book into a good movie. Especially when a book is a lot of narraration, decription or feeling because that is something intangible. In the case of this movie, it was based on a non fiction true story. So, keeping that in mind. That the filmmakers had to bring her real life adventures to life, I actually give them a lot of credit because that is seriously hard to do. And anything that anyone doesn't like about this movie somehow, in my opinion, is traced back to the fact that this particular book was hard to portray. Now, I haven't read the book, but I have only heard good things, which comes to show that maybe this was too hard of a feat to take on for the makers.


    I'm going to be doing an anaylsis of Blue Valentine and The Kids Are All Right  later, so I'm not going to say anything about the trailer or movies now.


    The Kids Are All Right.



   Easy A. Some of the snippiest and wittiest humour and language I've seen in a teen comedy. There is someting very different and innovative about this movie, and somehow still conventional. It's the ending that always slightly disappoints me. Good movie though.





    The Thumbsucker. I've never fully seen this movie. Just like 30 min of it. But I have always been mesmerized by this  trailer.


    Monsieur Ibrahim et le Fleur de Coran. Amazing amazing trailer, movie and actors. I would recommend it. It's Omar Sharif and Pierre Boulanger for god's sake!




   Now this might seem like a too bubbly, mediocre and cliche romantic comedy for your taste, but it's actually not. It's a very simple concept that is well executed and that I've never seen done in this particular way. They did a good job and it's a good movie. The only two things that bothered me were that, altough people wouldn't really notice, I know the main actors didn't really have that much chemistry and would have definitely been better if they did. And secondly, if you haven't noticed already, ending is HUGE for me and this one definitely wasn't up to par, which kind of ruins all the other greatness. But I was reading the youtube comments and a lot of guys wrote that they hate chick flicks and got dragged to the movie, but when they saw it they even acknowledged that it was a good chick flick and or they even got teary eyed. That is why this movie is suprisingly touching and universally relatable.


Trailer Love,
-S

No comments: