Thursday 14 April 2011

Oh So Sophisticated.


    I've recently noticed that for the first time in my life, I don't hate coffee. Not only do I not hate it, I actually kind of like it. That's right my friends. Seriously Savvy = Oh So Sophisticated. Side Effects include: Cappuccino Dreams. This story began when I was born, and I realized just how much I couldn't stand the taste of bitter. That's where it all started. That's the way it's always been. Until now. Don't get me wrong. I still hate dark chocolate but that's only 1/3 of my lifelong battle with bitter (coffee and alcohol make up the other two). I even hate the word. Some of you must be really confused. What could she possibly have against our infamous bitter? I'll tell you what. For starters, what in the hell do people see in it? Your beloved bitter tastes like crap. Then, I would have to tell you that it's a useless taste. It has no place in this world. Think about, sweet, sour and savory are the only true things that matter. Personally, I am a savory gal all the way. 
    But I guess the point here is that as you grow and mature into a prosperous adult, you honestly grow to appreciate the taste of bitter tasting foods and drinks. That's the word on the street, anyway. A wise person once said, "There is a rare and honest beauty in acquiring taste and growing up." And I totally agree. But at the same time, I know (never say never, right?) that some things will never change. I will never like the taste of dark chocolate. I will never enjoy the taste of hard liquor. And I will especially never come across a new love for onions (I tried to find the ugliest font ever, but it didn't really work out). And I mean NEVER. So, don't hold your breath, mom.
    But now that I'm really diggin the coffee beans, I feel like the ultimate hypocrite. Like I've lost the epic battle and let myself down. Which led me to this topic in the first place. If I'm going to lose. If I absolutely have to. Then, I've got to do it with all my dignity intact. What culprit could sway me in this way you ask? Well, I've narrowed it down to a total change of taste (or insanity), or maturation. Unfortunately kids, I'm sorry to report that I'm growing UP.. Whatever. It was bound to happen, right? And what is the first and main part of this nasty growing up? Things changing. That's what old people are always saying anyway. So you see, that's how we ended up in this deplorable predicament. Because it is through history and our elders that we learn that taste is temporary and tastes are interchangeable. Which makes total sense because how unbearable was alcohol in the beginning of our misadventures? Scratch that. I still can't stand the taste. With that in mind, can't wait for the day when I become a wine connoisseur. I'll drink to that!

PS: I hope all the pictures got you craving coffee. That's the other problem. Coffee is terribly addicting. Oh well.



Cheers,
Seriously Savvy

4 comments:

Rojeh said...

i loved this one!

Mandeep said...

this one was pretty good because it's true for me as well haha...back from kelowna and right on time lol.

Seriously Savvy said...

Aww thank you guys! I'm so glad you read it :D Ya Mandeep. I think it's pretty relatable. We can all remember the day. lol I'm getting better at this whole blogging thing. Ps. it is EXTRA on time. Cause I wrote another one 2 days ago :p

Mandeep said...

lol yea read that one as well :P