Wednesday 2 March 2011

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging

  
    It has come to my attention, that one cannot truly call oneself a 'writer' if one never really writes on ones spare time. I'm the worst for this. Yes, if you had any doubts about who this person in question I was referring to was, well it's me alright. So with one essay down today, and two to go, I've decided to give my mind a break from writing, with wait for it..more writing. Oh the joys of being a college student! So, in between the second and third paper, I thought I could grant myself one itsy bitsy little break, to start the blog that I've been talking about, and thinking about for over 6 months. I can still procastinate but I'll procrastinate productively.
    Maybe it'll be a lot to take on. But more than likely, I can squeeze it in to the many wonderous hours that mysteriously seem to escape me during the day. It's all just a little bit suspicious where those hours go. I have no clue, please contact me if you do. However, I have a sneeking suspicion that it may possibly start with the letter F and rhyme with Lamebook. Or maybe the CW should hire me to work for them, since I basically give them my part time hours anyway.
    Back to my point. I'm the worst for that. What you ask? Well, I'm the worst aspiring writer. Currently, I am not taking any creative writing at school, due to being too lazy to commute to the farther campus. On top of that ridiculous excuse, I haven't written something grand, and I mean grand, since I was fourteen. And as if it couldn't get any worse, it has further come to my attention that writers, and aspiring writers, write. I know this, because I still talk to my creative writing classmates, and they have always, and will always just be writing. I know what you're thinking. You're classmates are freaks, who actively practices their craft on the regular? I know! It's crazy. But I know that even if they were the most committed people in the entire world, and no other people were like them, that there would still be other proof. Like, I read a lot of books right. Well, I do. It's a statement not a question or sarcasm. So, in these books, one of my personal theories is that the author always and I mean always models a character after themselves. How do I know this? Because there is almost always an aspiring writer. Trust me. There is a pattern here. Watch out for it. So, with these writers is an unavoidable pen and paper. In their pockets. In their hands. On their nightstand. I know. It's more than a little, for lack of a better term, rhymes with hey and starts with a capital G. But I suppose there must be people out there like this. There must be. There just has to be, writers who constantly carry a notebook. But then again, I always thought there was other's like me out there. A band of brothers, just waiting to band. Who only write when in writing courses or only when truly (and forcibly) setting out to do so. Hollar if you're with me! Yeah! United we stand, divided we fall. If I was going to deny the existence of such people (no offence to my fellow writer's) then a screw would be lose on this last fact.
    "Savis, did you write any new stories?" "Savis, why don't you write more?" "Savis, I really think you should keep a pen and notebook next to your nightstand." "Savis, why don't you start a blog?" And that, my friends, is what I call my family. So, as you see, I had no choice, through sheer peer pressure then to start this blog. Which brings us to the reasons why. Well, it's good for expression, and I suppose all the "extra" emotion we women carry around, making it good therapy, as well as keeping me in contact to my loved ones and all at once improving my writing skills! But I guess the biggest problem here is, what the hell does anybody blog about? The whole thing seems really odd. I'm no Julie Powell. And I guess now haters of her everywhere will hate me for drawing her in a positive light. And trust me, this women has a LOT of haters.. If you don't know who Julie Powell is, then you should watch one of my all time favorite movies Julie & Julia (my feel good movie) and if you're not into that sort of thing, well then read Julie Powell's book Julie & Julia. Not into that, than I don't know what to tell you. Precisely why I mentioned the movie first. Nobody would think to read a book when there's a movie version out. No Duh! Anyhoo, Julie Powell's story is the true story about her life, as an aspiring writer. She was a good cook, her husband enjoyed her cooking. So she decided to cook her way through Julia Child's Master the Art of French Cooking. 524 recipes and 365 days. Now that's a story. That's what she wrote about. Of course she glamorized blogs, as she did get discovered through hers. I'd imagine many people started blogging after she gained her success.
    But I'm not doing that. I don't have an objective or a task. And I can't write short stories either, well I can, but I guarantee that even my friends and family will not sit through reading each story everytime. Yes, if I email the story to them individually, of course they would, and always have, but come on, even I know that nobobdy wants to sit through a long, drone out story, when hoping to just read a blog. So, to the question of what I'm going to write, I'm not quite sure yet. But I am sure that I have an opinion about a whole slue of things, like a lot. And I am a person, a person that having the writer gene, hears and sees the most mundane of things, but looks at them differently. I have my thoughts. And they, as well as I like to believe, I myself, can be interesting.
    But then again there's the third problem of who will read it? I suppose my friends (the good ones) will and my family I'm sure, but is that all I want? I guess in this situation you gotta hope for the best, and roll with the punches, as they say. So, if you're putting the time into reading this thing, please comment. I will try ever so graciously, to write a post a day. That's my task. That's my goal. That's my cross to bear. So, to my dear friends and family and strangers alike, please take the time to enjoy all that I come up with. I promise it won't be as boring as this post, because there will no longer be any back story. If you do that for me, and if you like what you see and tell everyone you know, then I promise to be my most entertaining self. You have my word.

Go big or go home, go Pink or go home.
Savvy Out :)

9 comments:

sharmaine483 said...

Lazy writer here ;) I'm an aspiring writer on hiatus right now, if there is such a thing. I've always liked writing, and I still do, but I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do with it, if anything at all.

I decided I didn't want to major in English at school, because I hated this mandatory course I had to take...and the creative writing class I took really turned me OFF from wanting to study creative writing...so I'm not really sure at this point!

I do like to blog though, even though I haven't posted in months. I'm super opinionated about everything, so there's always tons of things I want to say :)

I don't carry any notebooks around with me either, and I definitely haven't written anything substantial in ages. I think I'm tired of writing because of all the papers at school!

Seriously Savvy said...

You too ay?
I didn't know man. Good to know we're not alone :) I guess my only advice to you (as If I should be giving you advice, you don't need it!) is keep blogging. If you actively think about writing than you might finally do it. lol I know right? Don't stress about majors. You'll figure it out. But if it's truly your passion, don't let yourself get turned off. Than you have the makings of a fine blogger. Yay for no notebooks! Dude, that's exactly the reason that plagues us all I think. I've never thought about it that way. You're a genius! I've missed talking to you :(

Jessie hadavi said...

I'am looking forward to reaing more topics from you.
It's obvious you can write well.

cayleey said...

Love it. Keep on posting darling! And btw, I do think you have written something great since you were 14, and it was that short story you sent me.

- cvannn

Unknown said...

Savis, you are true blogger at heart.....just blabing nothing and everything...
I love it, you write it, we'll read it. One thing I really liked was how you
Wrote " women carry lots of emotions around" ....well said !!

B

Unknown said...

Hey Baby!

Nice Blog!! It just took me about an hour to get through it! Hope you can keep it to a couple paragraphs going forward, as I'd like to read your stuff but I'm a slow reader! Keep up the fab work! Lots n lots of Love n Admiration!

Big Sis

Unknown said...

P.s. It might be the pink on black effect that makes it a bit harder to read..but I do like how it looks! :)
P.p.s. I agree with CVann ;) Jeje was a great story and well written indeed!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Idea Savvy!! Any form of expression is a medecine to soul.

Lovez Heaven

Seriously Savvy said...

Thanks Cvan.
Aww Baram! I knew you and your fellow males would like that part. Don't worry Dasi it'll be shorter. But the pinks staying. Thank you so much Ladan! Thanks for the support everyone :)