Sunday 19 June 2011

"A father is a banker provided by nature."

 
    On this joyous and sacred occasion, I thought it was as good a time as any to share one of the funniest things my dad has ever said.
    Upon leaving the allergy doctor a few months ago, and being diagnosed with a pretty severe allergy to cats and a milder allergy to pollen, dust and grass, I felt the need to say to my father, "Oh well, I'm still getting a cat when I'm older."
    In which case, my padre looked at me in utter disbelief and quickly responded with, "KILL YOURSELF."
Keep in mind his adorable little accent. He was joking of course, but it was beyond hilarious. Because it was simply perfection in the form of the purest unadulterated reaction.
    And if you knew my dad, this statement had a very clever double-meaning. The first part of it being, you might as well 'kill yourself,' cause you're gonna be that sick. And the second is, why don't you just 'kill yourself,' you're so stupid. 
    I hope you realize dad, that you will always be at your most humourous on your own intelligent wit, not with the corny jokes. That being said, I haven't had a chance to pick up your present yet, so this post will play the role of 'the gift' until further notice. And I hope you like the title, because it seriously sounds like something  you would say.
    On that note, Happy Father's Day to all the faja's out there. I hope you all made it a special day for them.

                                                 Je t'aime Papa

Ps. If anyone's wondering who the people are in the photo, I couldn't tell you. I would put a picture of my handsome father up, but there are way too many creeps on the internet.

-Sasa out.

No comments: