Monday 9 May 2011

Dancing Queen

It may have been a short and simple exchange, but it was in that conversation when I realized something. Last week was my older sister's surprise birthday party. Turns out she had no idea, and we all had a really good time. 
While making idle chit chat on the dance floor with my sister's boyfriend's close friend's sister's cousin, on what an amazing dancer she is and how much stamina she has (she dominated the dance floor for a good 3 hours), she let me know that she was actually 39 years old. I couldn't believe it. Trust me when I say this, she did not look 39 years old, 29 maybe. She went on to tell me that her acquired skills came in the form of dancing with her two children whenever she can, everyday. She was truly the definition of a Dancing Queen. And that's when it hit me. That's what I want. Exactly that. To be 39 years old, looking great and dancing with my children everyday. It may seem like quite an obvious statement (doesn't everyone want that?) but it felt like much more. Like the only way to keep yourself young and youthful, is to do just that, not lose sight of the kid in you and keep that spirit alive. In my humble opinion of course. But that's definitely what I'll be striving for when I'm older. 
                                                    
                                                      To Never. Stop. Playing.

Just something to think about.

Sincerely,
-S

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Dancing is a great way to stay young.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture you choose :) So cute!

Anonymous said...

You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen

Seriously Savvy said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Poopoo said...

I was touched by your words. I had the most amazing time dancing in your livingroom. I hope we can boogi some more.

Seriously Savvy said...

Thank you so much Pooneh joon! I'm so glad you read it. You inspired me :) And the living room was a blast. Definitely hope we can do it again ;)